- The more celebrities openly discuss feminism the better
- It means more women will be engaged
- She’s a great speaker & is very strong and engaging
- SOMETHING is being done about the oppression of females
- The whole thing is male-inclusive
- Oppressors should not be a ‘part’ of the group they oppress’ liberation because it’s counter-productive and patronising. AKA males should not call themselves feminists. They are allies.
- She does the whole ‘I’m not a *MaN hAtEr*’ like women who DO hate men aren’t warrented.
- She’s more concerned with being seen as ‘anti-men’ and the ‘uncomfortableness’ of feminism than the actual message and being unapologetic
- She says ‘if you hate the word then it’s not *the word* that matters, it’s the message’. Stop apologising for *the word*! Address the problem! Why is the word ‘feminist’ dirty? Because MEN don’t want their power to be deminished. Because valuing women’s rights is BARBARIC.
- She says ‘Men need gender equality, too!’ and then rattles off how hard MEN have it which silences feminism in general. I fucking hated the whole ‘I can see men are put in jail for GENDER STEREOTYPES’ um hello? Men DO commit more crimes. Men are put in jail for RACIAL stereotypes, but because of ‘gender’ stereotypes? Nah man.
- She failed to acknowledge her own privilege (being an able-bodied, rich, heterosexual white woman) and how women aren’t all evenly oppressed, depending on race, ability, sexuality, class etc.
- The whole ‘equality’ thing just doesn’t sit right with me. Women shouldn’t ‘envy’ men, and try to be ‘equal’ to them. Men aren’t enviable. The whole ‘equality’ thing is too comfortable. Too male inclusive. Women need to be liberated from men, and that liberation should not be measured.
Don’t get me wrong, I love that feminism’s being addressed. She’s a lot better than most celebrities who sit by and don’t do much about bringing women’s rights into the lime light. I get that. But in terms of Radical Feminism, this speech is too apologetic, too ‘FEMINISTS AREN’T MAN-HATTTTTINGGG’, too male inclusive. But like I said, at least she has said something.
Dear Rad Female:
This is half the reason I left Tumblr. Y’all need to chill your nuts.
Christ, you criticized everything but the part where she… oh, wait, you got that too. And you went as far as announcing that she “failed” at acknowledging her own ‘privilege,’ as if she can control her status and position.
Better than most. C’mon. Really?
Everyone needs to chill. When your consciousness is centered around emotionally-charged words like ‘misogyny,’ and it’s about 10% of your vocabulary,
Men are oppressed too. If men are oppressing, men are slaves of their own minds.
Sick of this whole do-it-MY-way crap. Everyone’s so damned focused on the hopeless notion that their own style could save the world and end all this suffering.
Everyone’s got their issues. 21,000 children dying everyday. Where’s the outrage?
I say fuck it all. Fuck feminism, fuck masochism, fuck division, fuck division. Anyone who thinks their subgroup is more oppressed than any subgroup is not only misleading themselves; you are misleading others. Into the same my-way style of thinking.
No one has it all figured out, the least perhaps of all, celebrities.
You are not the master of the word ‘feminism.’ You are not the savior of humanity. Your way would be better if it were a bit less hostile.
I’m probably sounding hostile right now.
I sound hostile when I react to hostility.
We’re all slaves, miss. Slaves of the mind, slaves of the ego, slaves of desire, slaves of fear.
When you see this as fact, when you realize that we’ve all been brainwashed by corporate propaganda (ALL been brainwashed, not just women, even if there may be more propaganda directed toward a woman) then you will see we are all one and all need to be unchained.
That includes you. And if you exclude anyone, you’re only fueling fires around the world.
There is no such thing as “more enslaved.”
If you got chains, you got chains.